- This event has passed.
Self-Aid/ Buddy-Aid for the Prepared Citizen with Dr. James A. Rinkle
January 6 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm| $150
Introductory Self / Buddy aide
If you or a loved one were severely injured could you save a life with your level of training and available equipment???? Can you deploy a tourniquet? Do you know how to control bleeding? How do you use pressure bandages?
We will cover the following topics and techniques:
- Applying bandages into wounds: use of clot promoting impregnated bandages to stop bleeding.
- Application of commercial bandaging and techniques for reinforcement of break through bleeding.
- Creation of improvised bandaging materials and techniques
- Use of pressure points to help control blood flow in wounds
- Discussion of available different models of tourniquets
- Storage, deployment and application of tourniquets
- Packaging and documenting a tourniquet placement
- Techniques to carry self-aide/ buddy aide materials
- Kit selection and adaptation to your daily environment