RANGE SAFETY OFFICER – (3 Positions Available)
The Range Safety Officer plays a critical role in delivering a safe, organized and exciting shooting experience for the SRR customer. This individual must be knowledgeable about firearms, firearms safety and be willing to enforce the rules of the range with tact and diplomacy, maintaining a professional, positive demeanor with the customers and staff at all times. This person will be integral in setting and maintaining a positive image of the range and will help create a legendary customer service experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Firearms background preferred
- NRA RSO certification preferred
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer-comes-first attitude and connecting with the customer. Ensures that customers are always acknowledged in a warm and friendly manner and actively seeks to discover, understand, and respond to customer needs.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, value and mission of Saddle River Range.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep facility operating to safety standards.
- Responsible to educate any and all range users on the proper range safety practices while exhibiting customer service and professionalism when rule enforcement is necessary.
- Engage in quality communication with the customer, helping them choose firearms to rent and suggest additional necessary supplies for a safe and enjoyable shooting experience.
- Assist new and inexperienced shooters on the range with basic safety information and recommending instructor training. Provide comfort and confidence to all shooters.
- Follows SRR’s operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and customers.
- Ability to set-up and clean ranges as appropriate.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Safety Conscious and intimate knowledge of all firearms safe handling procedures
- Must be able to maintain strong attention to detail for extended period of time
- Can stay calm under pressure and in tense situations
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to work in an environment that regularly has high levels of noise, dust, and possible exposure to lead.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time; use of hands and talking and or hearing for extended periods.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling as well as routine ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Occasional carrying of heavy weight. (at or near 50lbs.)
- Constant computer/POS usage
All new hires will be on a probation for the first ninety (90) days of employment.